We appreciate the trust our patients place in us and understand the concerns many people have about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. That’s why we have created an environment in all our facilities, based on CDC recommendations, that is safe and secure for our patients and team members. An environment where our patients can receive the high-quality care they need and deserve.
Keeping You Safe – What to Expect
Screening for COVID-19 Symptoms
- We are screening all patients for COVID-19 symptoms prior to their appointment and when the patient arrives. This includes taking temperatures upon entrance of all our facilities.
- Daily symptoms check of all staff. This also includes temperature checks upon arrival to work.
- Regardless of having symptoms, all staff and patients are required to wear a mask during their visit. We ask patients to bring their own mask or face covering. Cloth masks are acceptable.
- We have Increased our disinfection and cleaning protocols throughout the day
- All chairs and equipment in exam and testing areas are being disinfected after each patient
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the facility
- Plexiglass sneeze guards have been installed at check in/check out
- Breath guards have been added to exam equipment
- Social distancing will be maintained throughout our facilities as much as possible. This means patients must maximize the distance between themselves and others. Chairs in our facilities, as well as floor markers have been placed to help visualize and support a safe distance.
- No friends or family in the waiting or clinical areas (they must wait in their vehicles)
- Maintaining a handshake free zone and limiting discussion
Along with the high quality, expert care you’ve come to expect from OSM, you can continue to expect a clean, safe environment and an experienced team ready to serve you. We realize that some of these measures may be a bit inconvenient, but health and safety are always our top priority.
Don’t Delay the Care You Need
Ophthalmic Specialists of Michigan is open and scheduling appointments for all your eye care needs. Don’t delay the care you need to maintain and preserve the health of your eyes. Click here to request your appointment or call our office at 1-800-237-EYES (3937) during normal business hours of Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
For additional information about Coronavirus (COVID-19) visit www.cdc.gov/coronavirus.