The Livonia Outpatient Surgery Center is designed to perform outpatient services in the field of ophthalmology and oculoplastic surgery. It is staffed by registered nurses, certified registered nurse anesthetists (CRNA) and other qualified medical professionals who are all dedicated to providing a personalized approach to your care in a safe and comfortable environment.
Livonia Outpatient Surgery Center is also proud to be an accredited center by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) for meeting national care and quality standards.
Our surgeons have extensive training as eye surgery specialists and offer the following procedures at the Livonia Outpatient Surgery Center:
33400 W. Six Mile Road, Suite B
What to Expect
Prior to Surgery
- A member of the surgery center team will contact you prior to your surgery date to obtain your medical history and current medication list.
- An insurance specialist will call you to discuss your insurance benefits and provide an estimate of any out of pocket expenses that may be your responsibility. See billing information below.
Day Before Surgery
- You will receive your arrival time for surgery and any additional instructions.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight.
- If you have any change in your medical history or conditions such as a cold, please be sure to call your doctor or the surgery center as soon as possible.
Day of Surgery
- Do not chew gum, mints, cough drops or hard candy. In doing so, you run the risk of your surgery being cancelled.
- Only take the medications you were instructed to take.
- You must bring a responsible adult, and they must remain in the building throughout the duration of your surgical procedure.
- Bring your drivers license, insurance card(s) and any responsible out of pocket payment.
- Wear comfortable clothing such as sweatpants and a tank top.
- Do not wear make-up.
- Leave all valuables and jewelry at home.
- Discharge instructions will be given to you and the responsible adult that accompanied you to your surgery.
The Livonia Outpatient Surgery Center operates with a team of people providing different services who will each bill your insurance separately. If your insurance does not cover the entire cost of surgery, you may receive a bill for each of the service providers. Click here for more information on Understanding Your Surgery Billing.