At Ophthalmic Specialists of Michigan, we strive to provide our patients with an exceptional experience at every visit.
Preparing for your appointment
- Bring your photo ID, insurance cards and referral with you to your appointment
- Bring a list of your current medications and supplements, including prescription medications, vitamins, herbal, and over-the-counter medications
- Bring a list of any allergies you have along with any adverse reactions to medication you have had in your past
- If you are a contact lens wearer, please wear your glasses into your appointment.
- Ask a family member or friend to come with you if you think it would be helpful. Keep in mind, you may be dilated to allow the physician to check on the health of your eye. Your near-vision may be blurry after your appointment and you may be light sensitive. The effects will go away after several hours and we will provide disposable sunglasses.
- Bring a list of any questions and concerns you would like to discuss with your doctor
Insurance & Payment
We accept all major health insurance plans including:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Care Network
- Health Plus
- Total Health Care
- United Health Care
- Many more
We accept all major credit cards including:
- American Express
We’re pleased to offer the CareCredit® card, North America’s leading patient payment program. CareCredit lets you begin your procedure immediately — then pay for it over time with monthly payments that fit easily into your monthly budget. Now you don’t have to save up for years to get the vision you’ve always wanted.
*Subject to credit approval. Minimum monthly payments required. Visit www.carecredit.com for details.