At OSM, we make your care our number one priority.
Before your appointment
- Make a list of all of your questions and concerns to discuss with your doctor
- Make a list of all of your current medications and supplements, including prescription medications, vitamins, herbal, and over-the-counter medications
- Make a list of any allergies you may have, or any adverse reactions to medication you have had
- Ask a friend or family member to come with you, if you think it would be helpful
At your appointment
- Make sure you bring in a current copy of your insurance card/information and a referral if required by your health plan
- If you are a contact lens wearer, please wear your glasses into your appointment
You may be dilated, a process which allows the physician to check on the health of your eye, so your near-vision may be blurry after your appointment and you may be light sensitive. Don’t worry! Effects go away after several hours and we have disposable sunglasses for your use.